Dr. Aileen Tierney
- Soc. Sc. UCDM.
- Soc. Sc. UCD
- PhD Tilburg University.
Family Therapy Supervision
Mediation Training Level 1 MII accredited course;
Dip. (Specific learning difficulties University of Wales;
Reg. FTAI, Reg. ICP, Reg. Family Therapy Supervisor, Reg. EAP (ECP)
Consultations with individuals who live with disability labels and their partners/ families, consultations with children and families, Working with couples and relationship issues, working with marginalised group, Systemic consultations complex systems, Teaching and Clinical Supervision.
- Lasting Refrains, Conversations, Echoes and Images: Participating in a Training in Systemic Supervision. Bernadette O’Sullivan and TISP Participants. Feedback, Journal of Family Therapy Association of Ireland, 2014.
- PhD Thesis Dialogue A connection of roots and branches: An enquiry into labelling discourses through the use of multi-stakeholder dialogue in Disability services 2011
- Reflecting on Disabling discourses through collaborative dialogical practice Feedback Magazine June 2011 Family Therapy Association of Ireland
- Book chapter Inclusive decision-making in mediation and politics Aileen Tierney and Philip Kearney
- Designing an All-Inclusive Democracy Peter Emerson Springer Verlag Berlin 2007
Working with children in Family Therapy in Feedback 2006 Family Therapy Association of Ireland
- November 2016 “Talking with Children “, Childrens House Stillorgan
- 2016 9th Congress of the European Family Therapy Association, Athens, “Sideways Glimpses of Self Reflections on Emotional Responses to Therapy Practice”
- 2015 Social Workers CAMHs, Dublin ‘Challenging Labelling discourses’
- 2013 8th Congress of European Family Therapy Association, Istanbul
- “Training in Family Therapy: Theory Practice Integration”
- 2013 Latvian Family Therapy Association Congress
- Considering context(s) when working with children who are displaying challenging behaviour.
- Day 2 One day workshop meeting of Latvian family therapists “Working systemically”
- 2012 DCU PhD in Psychotherapy one day seminar on “Disabling Discourses “Guest lecturer
- 2011 St. Michaels House Psychologists Training Day “Challenging disabling discourses”
- 2008 Taos Institute Conference, Sarasota, Florida September “Creating collaborative dialogue in the area of dis-abilty.”
- 2008 “Creating Collaborative contexts in Schools” March 2008 St Matthews School, Sandymount
- 2007 European Family Therapy Conference, Glasgow October 2007 The role of the team in training therapists
- National Learning Network Working in the area of specific learning difficulties 5 Public and internal presentations 2003-2006
- 2007 Iatse Irish Association of Teachers In special Education Conference” What is dyspraxia?
- 2007 Irish Association of Guidance Counsellors Conference Working with Adolescents in family Contexts
- 2006 Teacher Education Centres Cork/ Tallaght / Blackrock Presentations Working in the area of Specific Learning difficulties the meaning of labels
- 2005-2007 PACTS Project 6 presentations joint project Wales/ Ireland
General Presentations / Seminars (older)
- Institute of guidance counsellors’ “introduction to systemic thinking and its application in school settings” October 2003
- Specific learning difficulties NTDI 2004 / 2003
- Irish Association of Teachers in Special Education Conference 2002 “Working systemically with learning difficulties “
- Teachers Centres 1995-2002 workshops
- NTDI Psychologist’s Conference challenging disabling practices working towards inclusive models of service delivery in the area of specific learning disability 2003
- NTDI Resource Teacher’s Conference 2003/ 2004
- NTDI Public training events 2003-2005
- Irish Association of Social workers Psychotherapy with Adults with learning disability 1994
- Irish Association of Speech and language therapist’s conference 1993 Building collaborative relationships with parents of children with learning disability joint paper
- Dyspraxia Association Conferences and presentations to Teacher groups nationally 1995-2003